I found this great recipe for Chai from Diabetic Living Magazine. It’s a great drink to enjoy anytime.
I love to serve it when entertaining.
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 black tea bag (orange pekoe, English breakfast, Lapsang soughing, or Darjeeling)
- 1 cinnamon stick (3″)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar(or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a small saucepan combine water, tea bag, and cinnamon stick. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bag and cinnamon stick.
- Stir the milk, sugar, vanilla, ginger, and cardamom into the tea. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture is heated through (do not boil). To serve, pour hot mixture into warm mugs.
- Makes 2 servings.
- Makes 2 servings
- Serving Size 10oz
- Carb Grams per serving 24